Tuesday, May 1, 2012

An End to the April A to Z blogging challenge

Well, the month of April is over and so is the April A to Z blogging challenge.  It has been a whirlwind and I did not know if I was going to be able to keep up with daily posts and the busy demands of my young family.  I was able to get all the posts out on their appropriate day, though some were at the eleventh hour.  The biggest part of my success was that I was able to prepare with topics before the month.  I came up with all of the topics prior to the month  This helped when I sat down at the computer to write the post I already had a topic to write on.  I now have more posts in the month of April than in my previous months worth of work.  I did not necessarily cover just projects I was working on, but kept to the theme of my blog of DIY projects.

I am very grateful to all the people that came and read my posts.  I have had over 500 pageviews in the last month, which is not a lot by the big wigs standards, but it is pretty good for me where I may get at the most 50 pageviews in a month.  I am also grateful to those that left comments as I have emphasized a few times in the last month that community is the most important thing along with the discussion that ensues from that community.

I was only able to read a few of the blogs that were involved in the challenge, which if I were to participate again next year, I would endeavor to get out into that community and have some discussions.  Also, because I was pressed for time I never proof read any of my posts prior to getting them out.  I took the approach that quantity was the name of the game over quality, so the quality may have suffered a little.  Next time I would like to have a graphic for every post as it helps it stand out when I post to my social media outlets. 

Thanks again for all that have stopped by, especially those that subscribed or left comments. Leave some comments on your experience from the month of April A to Z blogging challenge.


If you like what you have read, please subscribe to the blog, or follow me on twitter at @bjshideler. Also, share this post with your friends on your favorite social media sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment