Sunday, April 8, 2012

G is for Gun

Well I am fortunate that this weekend was the Calgary Gun Show, which is apparently the largest gun show in Canada.  It was really well attended, and some read my blog may be wondering why I am writing about guns on a diy/ home project blog.  Well I guess for me it is something that I have been interested in, but never learned very much about it growing up.  How I see this is that I am beginning to venture on a new area for projects.  There is a lot to do in this hobby as well.  You can modify rifles, target shoot, hunt, self defense load ammunition and much more.

Before I left for the weekend at work I was discussing the gun show with some colleagues.  They are not from North America or Europe and have different views on guns than I do.  The one lady was deathly afraid of guns and the guy was of the opinion that people with guns are dangerous.  There is a lot of opinions towards guns and let it rest that mine is where most people should have a gun and be trained in the safe operation of that firearm.

Last year we acquired a lab cross puppy and I would really enjoy training her and going out and bird hunting with her.  I have never been out hunting but it is a skill that I believe that I should have.  As well I would like to hunt some deer this fall.  I will likely procure a. 308 for this adventure. 

Well share in the comments on what you would use a gun for in your home. If you like what you have read, please subscribe to the blog, or follow me on twitter at @bjshidelerAlso, don't be afraid to share this with your friends on your favorite social media sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment