Monday, April 9, 2012

H is for Hands

Well with any project at the home level I am typically using my hands to complete the project.  I try to wear gloves to protect them, but that is not always possible.  Protecting your hands is important and also the most likely location for an injury.  At our year end safety meeting when you combined a couple of the different factors hand injuries accounted for nearly half of all injuries that occurred. 

I know that whenever I work on anything I always scrape up my hand or arms.  For example, I owe you a post on the washing machine repair that I attempted, but during that time I was removing the shroud around the outside of the washing machine and since it is made of thin sheet metal I cut my hands a couple of times trying to wrangle it.  The other most common time I bang up my hands is when I am working on vehicles and I am using my socket set on tough bolts and/or in tight places.  I end up freeing the bolt or the wrench slipping off the bolt and my hand hitting something.  Well I guess I need to follow the advice I give to my 4 year old and just be more careful as I am working.  Well, until tomorrow, keep those hands safe.

If you like what you have read, please subscribe to the blog, or follow me on twitter at @bjshidelerAlso, don't be afraid to share this with your friends on your favorite social media sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment